Sunday, September 23, 2007

3:10 to Jewma; The Review

I just got back from seeing 3:10 To Yuma and thought it was smart and intriguing from start to finish. However I was biased by reading reviews at Rotten Tomatoes.com a few weeks back. Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors but since he is not Jewish I am not going to focus on his acting chops (Which were as good as ever) on this blog.
The big surprise in this film was Jewish actor Ben Foster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Foster_(actor)who plays Charlie Prince, Outlaw Ben Wade's (Russell Crowe) right hand man.
Here is one quote taken from a review:
"I will say that I’ve seen ‘3:10 to Yuma’ and Foster just about steals the whole thing. In a story that touts Crowe’s Ben Wade as the scariest gunslinger you never want to tangle with, it’s Foster as Charlie Prince, memorably outfitted in a white jacket, that will have you talking on the way out of the theater. And yeah, I know it’s August and maybe I’m crazy…but Foster’s performance here is award caliber stuff. It’s that good. Let’s just say I’ve been repeating the line “this town’s going to burn!” way too much lately." Josh Horowitz (Jewish) MTV Movie Blog
For a complete review on the film you can always visit: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/310_to_yuma/

One movie preview that I saw this evening features another great actor; half Jew Daniel Day-Lewis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Day-Lewis) in "There Will Be Blood". Looks like he will be playing a character similar to to Bill 'The Butcher' in "Gangs of New York" but I only saw a 3 minute cut so I could be wrong. He picks his films very carefully and only seems to show up in something every 2-3 years. Prior to "The Gangs" He took of 5 years and spent most of that time in Italy working as a Cobbler. Paul Thomas Anderson of Magnolia, Boogie Nights, etc is directing the film so expect it to have a little sumpen sumpen.

1 comment:

ben foster jacket said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice post.